LAST POSTS

13 May 2012

My Sister's Keeper; cloning food

Hi everyone!

I hope you've had a nice weekend! It's been scorching hot, so maybe some of you have already started to enjoy the beach! :)


On Tuesday we started talking about some questions related with science and then we discussed some moral dilemmas. One of them had to do with modifying embryos so that the born child would be compatible with his/her brother/sister. This reminded me of the film "My sister's keeper" (2009), a film I thoroughly recommend. I post the trailer below for you to decide whether you want to watch it or not!






Someone in Avanzado 1 A was also talking about cloning food to feed the world's population. This reminded me of a piece of news back in February: a scientist in Holland was developing a hamburger in a laboratory!! Click here for the article from BBC News. What do you think of this? Feel free to post your opinion in a comment below!



After that we did the test on The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time and we corrected the activities we had left in the book.

On Thursday you talked about Feng Shui with Leah. If you want to learn a bit more about it, go to this website called Feng Shui Your Life". In my hour we corrected the copy about "Crime and the law". I know there's a lot of vocabulary there, but it will be a lot less if you organise it properly. Remember:

"Work hard but, most importantly, work smart" :)

Homework: On Tuesday we'll correct the text on Nanotechnology (Module 5) and Thursday is the deadline for your composition: How would a day in my life be if I was a man/a woman? Here I give you an opportunity to explore your originality and sense of humour! :)

See you on Tuesday then!

1 comment: